Sunday 12 October 2014

The Classic Red Lip



(Left to Right: Rimmel Apocalips in Big Bang, Mac On Hold, Bobbi Brown Hollywood Red)

Lip products are my weakness, especially red ones. I've loved the classic red lip look for as long as I can remember, I think one of the first lip products I ever bought was a sparkly red lipgloss from Rimmel and whenever I put it on I truly felt like a grown up. There's something so chic, so feminine and so elegant about red lipstick and I thought it was about time I dedicated a blog post to my favourite lip colour!

Shamefully, I have yet to try Mac's Ruby Woo (America's best selling lipstick of 2013 apparently!) which is terrible considering I'm a self-confessed red lipstick addict. My favourite everyday red lipstick, however, is also by Mac. On Hold, a Cremesheen, is not as classic as Ruby Woo but it's a beautiful alternative for a more subtle, casual look. It has a slightly pinker, raspberry tone which tends to make it more wearable if you're not feeling that bold and it has amazing staying power! However, if I do feel like making a statement one day I always reach for Big Bang, a super vibrant red shade from Rimmel's Apocalips line. I've mentioned the Apocalips line before here and here and I really can not praise Rimmel enough for how pigmented and long lasting this line is. Big Bang is the ultimate classic red shade and I like to use a lip brush to apply this for accurate results. My final favourite is a product I tend to gravitate towards when I'm going somewhere fancy, such as dinner or an important event. Bobbi Brown's Hollywood Red lipgloss is, out of all my red lip products, probably my favourite. It really does remind me of old Hollywood stars like Marylin and Audrey and it leaves a lovely shine on the lips. It's such an opaque gloss and it's actually quite difficult to get off so you certainly don't need to worry about it fading throughout the night.

What are your favourite red lip products? I'd love to know in the comments below!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Beauty and the Brunette. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig. Edited by Beauty and the Brunette.