Sunday 8 February 2015

Review | Benefit Rollerlash




Is there any girl - or at least any beauty blogger - that hasn't bought a copy of Elle this month just so they can try out Benefit's new mascara Roller Lash? I've seen so many posts popping up on Bloglovin' about this mascara so I thought I'd add my thoughts on Benefit's newest product.

Roller Lash takes inspiration from the 1960s and hair rollers and the full sized packaging found here is, like all of Benefit's packaging, really adorable. If there's one thing Benefit always get right it's packaging. That, and their marketing strategies which are totally on point - giving a free sample before the product has been released is genius! It no longer isolates smaller beauty bloggers and make-up lovers from getting involved with the hype that the bigger beauty bloggers create by receiving their full sized gift before release! A big round of applause to the people at Benefit HQ! The most exciting aspect of Roller Lash is the new Hook 'n' Roll brush which is said to grab, separate, lift and curl lashes. It's quite difficult to see in the photo above but the tiny hooks on the wand help curl and lift the lashes and Benefit claim that there's no longer any need for eyelash curlers when using this mascara!

After testing this mascara out for a couple of days I'm still on the fence about the product and a little underwhelmed. Roller Lash definitely does curl the lashes, and the curl lasts for a long time, whilst lengthening them just as wonderfully as They're Real but I find that after a few hours it begins to transfer and smudge just below the brow bone (I have this problem with They're Real too!) It also doesn't separate the lashes as much as I would like it to but maybe it's just not that kind of mascara.

I suppose the main selling point of the mascara is its ability to curl which it does really well! The hype around the product also built my expectations up so much I can't help but think how hard it must be for a product to live up to such claims! I do like the mascara, I just don't love it. The hefty £19.50 price tag puts me off buying the full sized product as I'm not the kind of girl to splash out on mascara and I usually save my pennies for foundation or skincare. I feel like the drug-store create so many amazing mascaras for less than half the price it would take something really special to sway me from my Maybelline Falsies. (And if you were wondering what that might be I'm currently obsessed with my free sample of MAC's False Lashes Extreme Black mascara, £19, which separates and lengthens lashes so wonderfully!)

What are your thoughts on Benefit's Roller Lash mascara?

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Beauty and the Brunette. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig. Edited by Beauty and the Brunette.