Wednesday 21 October 2015

Lush | Intergalactic Bath Bomb Review

Lush Intergalactic Bath Bomb
The first thing I gravitate towards when I step into Lush has always been, and will always continue to be, their bath bombs. In my most recent Lush Haul you might have seen that I managed to have some form of self-control and I only picked up 2 bath bombs: Twilight, an old favourite of mine, and one of Lush's newer releases and the focus of this review - Intergalactic. Retailing at £3.95 per bath bomb Intergalactic promises to transform your bath water into the Milky Way and transport you across the galaxy. The colour of this bomb is what initially caught my eye in the store and the vivd blue, yellow and fluorescent pink elements of Intergalactic create the prettiest swirling patterns as it explodes. And, to the delight of the inner child within me, it also features a serious amount of golden glitter and it even has popping candy! To say I was excited to use this is definitely an understatement. 

Ingredient-wise, Intergalactic's most dominant scent definitely stems from the Peppermint Oil. I'm not the biggest fan of minty scents but I have to admit I enjoyed this much more than I was expecting. The scent of peppermint wasn't as sharp as a lot of mint scented products I've used and I think that has something to do with the added Grapefruit Oil which offers something a little bit more refreshing to the overall scent of Intergalactic. At the same time, the scent of this bath bomb somehow manages to soothe and relax you whilst you're in the tub (thanks to Vetivert Oil & Cedarwood Oil) and it subtly lingers on the skin after you've hopped out of the bath. 
Lush Intergalactic Bath Bomb
Lush Intergalactic Bath Bomb
Lush Intergalactic Bath Bomb
Instead of writing about how beautiful Intergalactic looks in the tub I thought it was easier to take a few photos and capture how amazing this looks once it hits the water. You can't quite see the golden shimmer but it was most definitely there and after it finished fizzing I was left with a deep navy water which glittered and glistened. Out of all the bath bombs I've tried from Lush this was certainly the most dramatic and exciting to watch and I was pleased to find that it wasn't simply one of those bombs that looks pretty but has no other effects. It soothed my muscles (what little I have!) and my skin felt so soft and silky. The only negative thing I can possibly say about Intergalactic is that it is a ridiculously glittery bath bomb and I was left with rather sparkly skin that could probably give Edward Cullen a run for his money. Personally, I don't mind looking like I could be part of the Twilight clan but I thought I'd flag this up incase any of  you weren't big glitter fans. It also leaves quite a lot of glitter residue in the bathtub but it's nothing a quick rinse can't clear away! 
Lush Intergalactic Bath Bomb Demo
Intergalactic has become one of my new favourite bath bombs from Lush and I can't wait to stock up on another. Let me know in the comments below if you've tried it before! I'm also beyond excited that the Halloween and Christmas products are finally in Lush stores, this time of year is definitely my favourite at Lush so if my willpower fails me (which it most definitely will!) then I can predict that many more Lush reviews will be on the way soon!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Beauty and the Brunette. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig. Edited by Beauty and the Brunette.