Monday 7 March 2016

The Concealer Everyone Is Talking About | bareMinerals BareSkin Serum Concealer

bareMinerals Serum Concealer Review
If you've read my blog before you're probably already aware that I'm bareMinerals's biggest fan. Whenever they release anything new I get incredibly excited but it's rather rare that the rest of the beauty world get as equally excited along with me. But bareMinerals's latest release, the bareSkin Complete Coverage Serum Concealer, has caused quite a stir in the past few weeks and it seems that every beauty blogger has been raving about it. Naturally I had to see what all the fuss was about so I picked mine up a few weeks ago in the lightest shade, Fair, for £22.00.

After falling in love last year with the Correcting Concealer from bareMinerals I had seriously high expectations for this new release and I have to admit that the hype that surrounds the bareSkin Complete Coverage Serum Concealer is definitely deserved. Whilst the Correcting Concealer is ideal for covering blemishes due to its thicker, creamy consistency the new bareSkin Serum is the perfect multitasker: it covers blemishes and discolouration wonderfully but it really excels in its ability to hide dark circles. The standout element of the bareSkin Serum Concealer is the consistency, it's probably the thinnest and most silky concealer I've ever used yet no coverage is compromised. And a little really really does go a long way with this. You wouldn't think it due to how thin it is but the Serum Concealer provides such high coverage and it layers up beautifully too. Due to the formula being so light it also leaves the skin looking natural, fresh and flawless without any of that dreaded creasing which always seems to happen under my eyes! Can you tell that I really love this yet? I honestly think it might be my new holy grail concealer.


bareMinerals Serum Concealer
I've found that the bareSkin Complete Coverage Serum Concealer performs equally as well on both dry and oily patches on my skin, hydrating around my nose and under my eyes but not sliding away throughout the day around my T-Zone. The serum element of this concealer is what really helps it to brighten, smooth and hydrate the skin in ways other concealers don't seem to do as well. It's almost a skincare and concealer hybrid as it contains antioxidant Lilac Plant Stem Cells, which apparently help with hyper-pigmentation, and hydrating humectants to moisturise the skin. The HD Mineral Optics also counteract shadows which leads to the brightened, luminous finish which is similar to bareMinerals's Stroke of Light Concealer (review here). The new bareSkin Serum Concealer appears to be an amp'ed up, fuller coverage version of Stroke of Light and the Serum Concealer also has some added anti-ageing qualities to boast about too. 
bareMinerals bareSkin Serum Concealer Review
The new bareSkin Complete Coverage Serum Concealer is currently available in 6 shades, ranging from 'Fair' to 'Dark to Deep'. Hopefully as time goes on they'll be expanding the shade range but I'm fortunate enough to find a perfect match in Fair, although I could see myself using a lighter shade under the eyes if they created one for an ultra brightening effect. The doe foot applicator transfers the product nicely onto the skin and my favourite way to apply this is to lightly blend the concealer with my finger around the eye area and use a damp beauty blender on any blemishes on my skin.

If you're looking to invest in a new concealer I can't recommend this one enough, it really is wonderful! It works perfectly under or over foundation and I find that it lasts all day without having to top up. I adore pairing this with bareMinerals Complexion Rescue for 'no makeup' days as the two are hardly detectable on the skin but I've also combined this with a much heavier foundation and it sits just as nicely over it without caking or creasing.

Have you tried this new concealer from bareMinerals yet?
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Beauty and the Brunette. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig. Edited by Beauty and the Brunette.