Monday 4 April 2016

3 New Beauty Buys from L'Oreal

After rummaging around my makeup collection I was quite surprised that I owned very little from L'Oreal. With the exception of the odd mascara and a very dried up eyeliner my current collection was pretty much L'Oreal free. To be honest I'm not entirely sure why I've tried so little from such a popular brand but for the sake of beauty research I decided this had to change (excuses, excuses!) I'd been curious about a couple of their newer releases for a little while now so when I spotted a 3 for 2 offer in Boots a few weeks ago I jumped at the chance to finally explore the brand a little bit more.

L'Oreal Quad E2 Nude Lingerie
First up is the impulse buy of my L'Oreal trio. It's something that always happens to me when I take part in the 3 for 2 offers, I always manage to pick 2 products up fairly easily as I tend to research them before popping into the store but I can never decide on a third. Luckily, this L'Oreal Color Riche Quad in E2 Nude Lingerie didn't disappoint me too much and even though the palette isn't anywhere near as pigmented as my Urban Decay shadows it's still a handy product to have when I want to travel light. The packaging is what initially caught my eye as it looks much more expensive than it actually is at £7.99 and the lovely rose-gold and taupe shades create a really stunning brown smoky eye. They blend rather well and are creamy to touch but you do have to use quite a heavy hand  if you want to build up the intensity. It's a nice product to pop in your handbag but I don't think I'll be purchasing another, especially when you can pick up a Makeup Revolution palette for £4!L'Oreal Brow Gel
Next up is my favourite product, L'Oreal's Brow Artist Plumper. I picked this up in Dark Brown which I was a little worried about at first considering I have fairly thick eyebrows anyway but the tiny little brush means I can fill in all my sparse areas without adding product in places that don't need it. I definitely prefer this to Maybelline's Brow Drama which has a weirdly shaped brush and the consistency of the Brow Artist Plumper is much more lightweight and less gel-like than Maybelline's. I find my brows really do stay in place all day with this and it works equally as well alone or with another brow product. For £5.99 it's definitely worth trying out and it's a much cheaper alternative to Benefit's Gimmie Brow!
L'Oreal Infallible Foundation
I'm still on the fence about my final L'Oreal product, the Infallible 24H Stay Fresh Foundation. It's a much thicker coverage than I'm used to and I just can't decide how I feel about it. With my oily/combination skin I wasn't expecting it to last all day but I opted for this over the Matte version as I'm not a fan of a completely matte complexion. The results after trying this a few times were just weird... I had to blot and powder my T-Zone after 4 hours which I expected but I was shocked to find that the foundation almost clung to certain areas of my face (around my nose, under my eyes and on my chin) when I first applied it and it made them look rather dry which didn't seem to improve much throughout the day. It covered blemishes well and looked quite nice across my cheeks and forehead but overall it seemed too heavy and felt rather restricting on my face. I think I'm just not a heavy coverage kind of girl, I feel the same way about Revlon's Colorstay Foundation as I do about this, and even when I used my Beauty Blender and mixed this with my beloved Bourjois Healthy Mix to add a bit more dewiness I still didn't get the results I was hoping for.

What are your favourite products from L'Oreal?
And if any of you have tried the Infallible 24H Stay Fresh Foundation I'd love to know what you think of it! 

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Beauty and the Brunette. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig. Edited by Beauty and the Brunette.