Tuesday 10 May 2016

Top 5 Nude Lip Products




Nude hues are slowly taking over my lip product collection. A few years back you'd be lucky to find anything even slightly neutral in my stash but now nude lip products are all I seem to buy. I still absolutely adore wearing a classic red lip now and again but nothing seems to effortlessly pull a look together like the perfect nude lip. Somehow I've managed what I thought would be impossible and I've whittled down my collection and selected my Top 5 Nude Lip Products to share with you. From barely there washes of colour to bolder, more solid mattes I think I've managed to cover every base. I suppose my Top 5 products are almost like a capsule wardrobe for the lips!

Without a doubt the fanciest of my top 5 lip products and my only Chanel lipstick to date. Indécise is a   light pearly warm-rose beige with a   subtle golden shimmer which looks  so beautiful with a tan. My swatch  doesn't really show how beautiful  the shimmer is you should definitely check out this post from Makeup  Magpie as her photos represent the  shade perfectly. The Rouge Allure  formula is long-lasting and highly  pigmented too.



bareMinerals Marvellous Moxie Gloss - Trial Blazer*
bareMinerals's Marvellous Moxie glosses are the only lipgloss formula I actually enjoy wearing. They're highly pigmented, smell amazing and, mostly importantly, they're not sticky! Trial Blazer is probably my absolute favourite nude lip product of all time and I would literally buy 50 if they ever discontinued it. It's a creamy golden nude shade with subtle golden flecks in it and it looks pretty alone or over any nude lipstick. 



Stila Convertible Color - Camellia
Stila's Convertible Colors are perfect to keep in your handbag and they have a very pigmented and creamy formula which I enjoy wearing on the lips and on the cheeks. I have a miniature version of Camellia, a peachy brown shade, that really warms up my complexion. Camilla has a velvet-like texture on my lips, it's not matte but I wouldn't glass it as glossy either. The Convertible Colors wear better on the cheeks but last a few hours on my lips.



MAC - Yash
Mac's Yash has a matte formula and it's probably the most neutral nude I own. On my pale skin it tends to look quite brown and I'd describe this as the less pink version of Velvet Teddy. It was originally designed for Indian skintones but I think it's flattering on fair skin too, although it does look a lot darker and less pink of my skin than a lot of swatches online. I find Mac's matte formula comfortable and not too drying on the lips and I only need one swipe for an opaque finish.



NYX Soft Matte Cream - Athens
This is a very new addition to my collection but  I love the mousse-like, lightweight texture of the NYX Soft Matte Cream's so much I had to include the gorgeous Athens. I literally ran to the new NYX counter in Middlesbrough when I spotted it a few weeks ago. Athens is a warm, peachy-pink nude but I've found it can be built up to a much deeper, darker shade by layering it on the lips. I like to apply 1 thin layer, wait a minutes, then apply a second layer to achieve an opaque, long-lasting finish!




What are your top nude lip products? I'm always on the lookout to expand my collection, so I'd love to hear your favourites in the comments below!


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Beauty and the Brunette. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig. Edited by Beauty and the Brunette.