Sunday 12 February 2017

My Nighttime Skincare Routine


To be honest, my morning skincare is pretty minimal. Despite the fact that I'm usually walking around like a zombie, makeup brush in one hand and coffee in the other, I never actually leave myself enough time for a complicated routine before work.

This is why, for me, evenings are well and truly allocated to skincare and I've been using a combination or products lately, some new and some old, which have been working really well. I may have also made an exciting purchase from The Ordinary very recently to add to my routine too, but more on that in a few weeks time!


Taking the day off


Some people might count makeup remover wipes as a sin, but more often than not I'll use them to take off the majority of my makeup - I just hate the feeling of slathering cleanser directly on top of foundation. Does anyone else find it weird? For the initial removal, I like to use the Simple Kind to Skin facial cleansing wipes. They're a long-time favourite and I can't imagine how many packets I've bought over the years.

Next up, I've been trying Lancôme's BiFacil eye makeup remover. I have the mini as it came with a Christmas set for Lancôme's Hypnose Drama mascara (which I love, by the way!), but I don't think I'll be purchasing the full size. It takes even the most stubborn eye makeup off in one swipe, but sadly costs £21.50 for 125ml - eek! Instead, I'm planning on using the next two products which are both fabulous cleansers.

Even though I have oily skin, I'm in love with bareMinerals' Oil Obsessed Total Cleansing Oil*. Makeup just glides away once you add a splash of water to it and my skin always feels so soft afterwards. I love the smell, there's no residue left behind and it's so lightweight it's perfect for the eyes - a definite repurchase will be made! If I feel like double cleansing, or I haven't been wearing makeup and just want to treat my skin, I'll reach for my trusty Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish cleanser. A holy grail product, this cleanser balances my skin and calms down all those troublesome, stressed out red patches. I've been rationing the limited edition Rose & Cedrat cleanser from last summer (scent of dreams) but I adore the regular version too!

Tone and moisturise

A brand I never hear too much about is ESPA, but I've tried quite a fair few samples and their products are all so lovely! For toner, I currently love using the Balancing Herbal SpaFresh Spritzer both day and night. The scent can be pretty strong, but it's really uplifting: you'll find a lovely blend of tea tree, rose water, lavender, peppermint and so many other great-for-your-skin ingredients in there. The biggest pro for me is definitely how well it keeps my oily skin in check!

The final skincare step before my head hits the pillow involves serums. I'll pop 3 to 4 drops of Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate onto my skin first and then, if my skin needs some extra TLC, I'll apply a small amount of Liz Earle's Superskin Face Serum on top. I have a generous sample size which came with my last Liz Earle order and I've found that it's one seriously hydrating serum. In the morning, I wake up with a healthy glow and everything seems so much firmer. I'm not sure what it is, but something in here does a fantastic job!

And that's all there is to my nighttime skincare routine. If I'm not being lazy I'll do the whole thing, but sometimes just a quick cleanse and a few drops of Midnight Recovery will do!

What products make up your skincare routine?
Becki x



SHOP MY SKINCARE
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Beauty and the Brunette. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig. Edited by Beauty and the Brunette.