Thursday 4 September 2014

Current Favourite Lipsticks




(Left to Right: Rimmel Apocalips in Apocalyptic, Mac Up the Amp, Calvin Klein Delicious Luxury Creme Lipstick in Henna)

I have a confession to make... I'm a little bit obsessed with buying lipstick. I can't help myself, whenever I'm near a make-up counter I always gravitate towards the lipstick section. So, the other month I sat down with my collection of lipsticks and I had a huge sort out. It was painful but definitely worth it, you wouldn't believe how many rose coloured lipsticks I had! Anyway, during this process I discovered some hidden gems that had found their way to the back of my collection and now I can't stop reaching for them!

My favourite alternative to a statement red lip is currently Rimmel Apocalips in the hot pink shade Apocalyptic. I've mentioned the Apocalips before in my Festival Beauty Essentials post and I have 4 in total. I remember my excitement back in 2012 before they were released and they're still a favourite of mine today, especially the bold, brighter colours. Apocalypic is a beautiful hot pink with blue undertones and it's insanely pigmented, creamy and opaque. Like the rest of the line, it has a satiny finish which dries matte after a few hours and the staying power is fantastic! I prefer to apply Apocalyptic with a lip brush for a more accurate application!

Probably one of the most daring shades in my collection is Mac's Up the Amp and as Autumn slowly approaches I find myself reaching for this more and more when I want to spice up a simple outfit. It's an Amplified Creme (my favourite finish) and Mac describes the shade as a lavender violet, a purple shade that's not too bold and not too dark. The lipstick applies smoothly, has a creamy texture and a shiny finish and it looks beautiful on bronzed skin.

My final favourite is from Calvin Klein, a brand I didn't even realise made make-up until I stumbled across this lipstick on the Fragrance Direct website for only £1.99! They retail at £13.50 so this was an absolute bargain and I'm definitely going to buy some more! (I also have Rose Rush which is gorgeous!) I have the shade Henna, a pretty nude pink shade and it reminds me a lot of Cream Cup from Mac, although Cream Cup is a bit lighter and has deeper, blue undertones to it. It's quite pigmented and has a matte finish. My only issue with this lipstick is that it's a little bit drying but this isn't anything a lip balm can't fix! The packaging isn't that glamorous either but for the Fragrance Direct price of £1.99 it's easy to overlook.

What lipsticks are you loving right now?

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Beauty and the Brunette. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig. Edited by Beauty and the Brunette.