Monday 8 September 2014

Wishlist | The Anthropologie Edit


Yesterday I hopped on the train and made my first ever visit to Scotland and I explored the beautiful city of Edinburgh. After making all the essential tourist stops I headed over to the newer part of town with my boyfriend to find a place to eat. As we were looking, I stumbled across Anthropologie and I actually let out a squeak of excitement, I didn't even realise they had a store outside of London! Dragging my boyfriend away from restaurant hunting we went into the store I actually felt like I was in heaven, if I had to pick a store which represented myself completely it would be Anthropologie. Everything looks and smells beautiful and, surprisingly, it was the home and beauty sections that excited me the most! 

Everything in the bedroom/bathroom section at Anthropologie is so dainty and delicate but I've completely fallen in love with the Tindari Quilt. I've always been a fan of the blue and white colour scheme and the watercolour effect and paisley-like design adds an additional air of elegance. The bedding reminds me of the little china cups my Grandma used to have in her kitchen and the little frills on the pillows and at the top of the quilt are a wonderful girly touch. £148 for a quilt is ridiculously expensive, but a girl can dream right?



It was my boyfriend who actually made me smell this perfume in the store and he and I are both in agreement that this actually smells so much better than the majority of perfumes on the market. The packaging is adorable and the price isn't too bad either. From what I can find on the internet, this perfume was created by Marypierre Julien of Givaudan and contains pink peppercorns, Darjeeling tea, grapefruit, wisteria, amber wood, cashmere musk and the scent of ancient Alba roses. I don't know how helpful that will be to most people but this perfume smells amazing and it is now at the top of my birthday wishlist!


Scent - Volcano: 'tropical fruits, sugared oranges, lemons and limes, redolent with lightly exotic mountain greens'

If you ever enter an Anthropologie store and wonder what they're using to make the room smell so good, the Volcano candle is apparently the answer! At least that was what the store was burning in Edinburgh and I spent at least ten minutes hunting around the store to find what they were burning! Both my boyfriend and I absolutely loved the smell and it's the perfect mixture of floral and fruity. It took a lot of persuading for my boyfriend to drag me out of the store without this candle (I think he was trying to stop himself from buying one too!) and I'm really regretting leaving this behind! 


I constantly misplace my rings and bracelets after taking them off before the shower or before going to sleep. These trinket dishes are so cute and they would be absolutely perfect to store my jewellery and I think the little dish would look so pretty in my bathroom! You can't tell that well from the pictures on my blog but when you zoom in on the website you can see that they have beautiful, intricate patterns engraved in the stone! 

Are you lusting over anything from Anthrpologie? Let me know in the comments below!


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Beauty and the Brunette. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig. Edited by Beauty and the Brunette.