Friday 16 January 2015

January Catch Up... (And a little haul!)







Before I begin making a dent in my long list of planned blog posts I wanted to write a little catch up to let you know what I've been doing for the first 16 days of January! I always hate this time of year, the Christmas tree comes down and all the festive cheer disappears and, for me, January means one thing - deadlines and exams. Erugh, even the sight of those words makes me shiver. The silence on my blog was pretty much due to University work but, thankfully, I've made it through. My essays have been handed in and my exam wasn't too terrible so I've been letting my poor hand rest and embracing my new found freedom by going out way too much for lunch and doing a tiny little bit of retail therapy.

One of the most exciting things that's happened to me in 2015 so far is that I've finally bought my first ever iPhone! After saving a bit of my Birthday and Christmas money I'm now the very happy owner of a shiny silver iPhone 5s and I can't believe how much easier my life is with a phone that actually works properly! I'm not ashamed to say that I haven't put it down since I skipped all the way to the Apple shop after my exam. I popped into Cath Kidston and picked up this adorable Little Birds case in the sale, along with a cute little floral make-up bag which I might use to store my phone in so it doesn't' get scratched in my bag. 

On the beauty front, I decided to cash in my Birchbox points and take advantage of free shipping on Stila this month. I've had my eye on this gorgeous In the Light palette for months now; the blue shade named Night sky is beautiful and I've finally had the chance to try out the famous Kitten (which is as gorgeous as everybody says it is!) I'm going to be writing a review about this soon once I've had a chance to test the palette out properly and I'll be including plenty of swatches but, so far, I'm completely smitten with it. I've also been reunited (finally!) with my beloved bareMinerals foundation and I've definitely been lost without it these past couple of weeks - it's my absolute favourite and perfect when you want flawless foundation in a rush! 

My last purchase of the month was this swing coat from Topshop. I've had my eyes on this for the longest time and when I found it in the sale yesterday I just couldn't resist. I have a very similar coat that I bought years and years ago which I completely adored but it was so worn out that I've  finally thrown it away (we're talking holes and very matted faux fur here!) Even though I really don’t need another coat I've always felt lost without my navy, fur hooded jacket and I'm so happy with my replacement, especially since it has a much nicer hood and it only cost £31 thanks to the sale and student discount!

How's your January been so far? Have you discovered any new beauty products?

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Beauty and the Brunette. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig. Edited by Beauty and the Brunette.