Monday 19 January 2015

Review | MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Soft and Gentle


MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in 'Soft and Gentle', £23,  available from MAC and House of Fraser

This ever so famous highlighter has been on my make-up wishlist for (literally) years now. I remember lusting over it whilst watching endless amounts of YouTube videos in 2009 - back when Mac was the brand everyone was obsessed with - so I'm not exactly sure why it has taken me so long to get my hands on it. Thanks to my wonderful best friend, who kindly bought me this for Christmas, I now have it in my collection and, after reaching for it on a daily basis for the past couple of weeks, I think I might have to promote it above The Balm's Mary Lou-Manizer as my go-to highlighter! 

MAC's Mineralize Skinfinish in Soft and Gentle is a beautiful frosty highlighting powder which adds a natural glow to the skin. At first glance I was a little bit worried about this product being too glittery for everyday use but after applying this to my cheekbones, down the bridge of my nose and even as an eye-shadow (which is one of my favourite uses for this - it's absolutely gorgeous as a inner corner highlight or lid colour) I have to say that the 'glitter' really isn't a problem. In fact, due to the finely milled texture of the powder, this highlighter has much more of a metallic, rather than a glittery, finish which is gorgeous and so luminous. To apply, I swirl a fan brush around the product and lightly tap off any excess. I use a light hand and sweep this across my cheeks and the fan brush helps me to control the amount of product I apply to my face by not depositing it all in one place! The highlighter glides on the skin easily without rubbing away foundation and can be built up to work for both day and night-time looks. There's honestly nothing about the formulation or texture of this product that I can complain about, it looks amazing and it's so easy to apply. 

Soft and Gentle is described by MAC as a 'gilded peach bronze' colour which I certainly agree with but I definitely see a tint of champagne in here as well! I think this colour would suit all skin tones really well, especially fair to medium shades. It's definitely the champagne, peachy element to Soft and Gentle that allows it to take the crown from my Mary Lou-Manizer which is a much lighter, more golden highlighter. I also love Soft and Gentle's multitasking qualities as I absolutely love to use it as an all over the lid eyeshadow colour on days where I'm in a rush and want to add a little bit of colour and light to my eyes. For £23 you get 10g of product, (Mary Lou-Manizer contains 8.5g and costs £16) so it is quite pricey but for the size of product you receive and the small amount that you need I think it's definitely worth it!


Have you tried Soft and Gentle? Let me know what your favourite highlighter is in the comments below!

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Beauty and the Brunette. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig. Edited by Beauty and the Brunette.