Monday 6 April 2015

March Favourites

March has absolutely flown by and I'm thankful that winter is officially over! I've only just started to get into the spring mood as England begins to heat up over the Easter weekend and I'm currently itching to dig out all of my pastel nail polishes and bright blushes and change up my makeup routine! Throughout March, however, I haven't really been reaching for anything too different but there are one or two things I've fallen in love with or rediscovered and I can't wait to share them with you!


Beauty Favourites
I'm one of those people who owns way too many bottles of nail polish yet you're definitely more likely to see me with unpainted nails rather than painted ones. I'm honestly so fussy and if I smudge one nail ever so slightly the polish has to be removed from every nail. I suppose it doesn't help that I'm also ridiculously impatient and always find some task that needs to be completed straight after application so my polish usually never even survives the hour, never mind an entire day! But, after feeling guilty for splurging on even more polish on Fragrance Direct (oops!) I decided I needed to invest in a quick drying top coat. Luckily I stumbled across this top coat from Sally Hansen which I'd heard Ingrid (Miss Glamorazzi) rave about on Fragrance Direct for only £3.50! Not only does it help speed up the drying process it also leaves an amazing shine that helps your manicure look fresh even after a few days. It also really helps to prevent chipping and my polish looks fresh for at least 5 days!

I've used Tweezerman tweezers for years and I think I'll continue to do so for the rest of my life. I've never used any other tweezers that grab the hairs so easily and I've been using them every day for such a long time. They stay sharp for years and I really like the mini version as they give me more control and feel lighter in the hand. I actually purchased this pair after misplacing my pink Tweezerman tweezers at the beginning of the month and I love the lilac colour for Spring! 


MAC Eyeshadows in Sumptuous Olive, All that Glitters, Satin Taupe
I purchased my first ever MAC shadow in November last year and since then I've slowly been filling my quad. I'm still a little undecided about All that Glitters, I feel like it's a shade I'll grow to love even more in the summer months, but I haven't stopped using Satin Taupe and Sumptuous Olive in March! I think Sumptuous Olive is one of my favourite shades ever and I'm really into green/olive eyes at the moment! Of course, everybody already knows how nice the MAC eyeshadows are so I won't ramble on about the quality!

I know the majority of people create a quad of shadows that they can wear together but as I own quite a few eyeshadow palettes I've been attempting to buy shades that are either similar to the shades I always hit pan on in my neutral palettes or more unusual, colourful shades I don't own anywhere else. I'm currently on the hunt for a brighter shadow (possibly a blue shade?) that I could add to a neutral eye for a pop of colour so any suggestions would be really appreciated!

Fashion Favourites
My fashion favourite for this month just refused to photograph well but it's a light pink midi skirt from River Island. Even the RI website doesn't do it justice and I was actually rather shocked when it was delivered as it looked really different to the photograph (they've now added more to the website but it still doesn't show the material well!) The skirt has two small slits down each side, becomes sheer after mini skirt length and the speckled texture you can see on the picture is actually an iridescent, mermaid like sparkle that runs throughout the material. It's subtle but so pretty when it reflects light in the sun. I feel like a princess in this and it's possibly the most beautiful skirt I own - and it's currently on sale for £15 (and I thought it was a bargain at £30!)

I've also been loving this pastel blue triangle necklace from Primark which was only £3! I'm not usually a fan of Primark jewellery but after purchasing this in the middle of March I always make sure I check in case I find any more pretty pieces. They also make this with a gold chain and cream triangles which I'm very tempted to pick up!

Other Favourites
How can I write a March Favourite's post without mentioning some form of Easter chocolate? To be honest I love all the special Easter treats and I've probably eaten my weight in Malteaser Bunnies since they've been in stores but I've been reaching for these mini Creme Eggs the most in March! They're just the right size to snack on and not as sickly as the normal sized Creme Egg. Yum!

What have you been loving in this month?
Let me know your MAC Shadow suggestions in the comments below! 

Make sure you enter my Scarlett of Soho Giveaway to win a free subscription for a year!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Beauty and the Brunette. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig. Edited by Beauty and the Brunette.