Sunday 26 April 2015

WISHLIST | THE SPRING EDIT


When Spring rolls around I always love to brighten up my wardrobe and, as I'm not one for wearing bold, bright colours I usually tend to switch my blacks for blues and incorporate a lot of white into my wardrobe. After scrolling down my Instagram feed enviously and seeing photos from Coachella earlier last week I'm completely obsessed with the boho, festival look and I'm currently on a mission to buy way too many gold necklaces and bracelets so I can layer like I never have before (Meghan Rienks is to blame for this one!) Sadly, the reality check hit and no matter how much a girl can dream I do not live in L.A so my wishlist had to become a little more practical for the unpredictable UK weather.

By practical I mean simply switching high waisted shorts for a pair of jeans, these Topshop Ripped Leigh Jeans to be exact. I know I own way too many pairs of jeans already but I'm loving the ripped trend and even though I used to hate wearing jeans the Leigh style from Topshop converted me - they're unbelievably comfortable! Whilst I was in Topshop the other day I tried this beautiful Floral Bardot top on and I'm having serious regrets about not picking it up. I love the print, the fit and the style of this and I feel like I'm in the 70s when I wear this. I can imagine wearing it with the jeans, a huge floppy camel coloured hat and pairing it with these Block Heel Sandals from New Look. I always buy tan coloured sandals but the little heel on this pair dress up an outfit just the right amount without being too high and leading to painful feet!

One type of fabric I always gravitate towards when the weather starts to get a little bit warmer is that white, floaty cotton material. I'm in love with the Bellfield Sally Top which you can also find at Joy! I adore the embroidered pattern, the double layered effect at the bottom and, of course, the combination of blue and white! It's a classic piece that I can see myself reaching for year after year, especially on holiday.

My love for blue and white doesn't stop at clothing! In fact, if you add a little gold or silver in the mix I end up loving it even more. I don't actually own too many pieces of jewellery from stores like Topshop etc. but after seeing how amazing layering necklaces and bracelets can look at Coachella I've decided to invest in a few pieces! I love the detailing on the chain of this Louche Cobalt Pendant and I think it would look so pretty with some smaller, more simplistic gold necklaces. As for bracelets I'm planning on picking up some simple gold bangles (perhaps from Forever 21?) and I think this pretty white and gold Warehouse Bracelet Set would look really cute mixed in!

If you have any favourite, online jewellery stores I'd love to hear about them! 
Let me know, along with what you're lusting after this Spring, in the comments below.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Beauty and the Brunette. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig. Edited by Beauty and the Brunette.