Saturday 6 June 2015

Balayage Hair for Summer!


Renegade Hair Salon
Renegade Hair Salon
Can you believe that in 21 years I've never let hair dye come anywhere near my head? I don't think I'll ever be one to completely change my hair colour - I'm simply too lazy to handle the maintenance that comes with it - but I've admired the ombré/balayage trend for years now. So, as a treat for finishing my degree and handing in my dissertation I decided to bite the bullet and I booked a hair appointment that was more than a regular cut and blow dry. And I have to admit I was a little bit nervous!

I've always been lucky enough to love my natural hair colour, which is a medium brown shade with a few tiny highlights, but in the summer I always think my hair is just too dark and flat. The salon I visited was called Renegade and if any of my readers live in Leeds and are looking for an amazing salon I can not recommend them enough! When I first moved to University 3 years ago I always waited until I went home to get my hair cut but after realising I wasn't happy with that salon I decided to do a bit of research and visited Renegade for the first time in November. The salon itself is really lovely and has such a cool atmosphere and all of the hairdressers have their own individual style and really know how to style hair. I've never left a hair salon completely happy until I visited Renegade and I had no doubt about where to go when I decided to colour my hair.

Initially, before I sat in the chair, I was going to ask for ombré but after speaking to my colour technician Dominique we decided that balayage was a much better look for me and what I was truly after. I'm much more into natural, sunkissed hair and I'm in love with the result. We opted for a caramel colour to avoid an artificial looking blonde and I couldn't be happier with how it turned out. As for the styling I was booked in for a cut and blow dry with Josh who neatened up my hair, adding some long layers and gave my hair some natural, bouncy curls! I've never been happier after a haircut and I love my new look! Renegade also offer a 25% Student Discount (which I soon won't be able to take advantage of *sob*) which made the experience even more amazing!
Renegade Hair Salon
What are your thoughts on balayage?
Let me know in the comments below!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Beauty and the Brunette. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig. Edited by Beauty and the Brunette.