Thursday 11 June 2015

Summer Nail Polishes Collab with Anjna!

It finally feels like Summer! Exams are over, the weather in the UK is so close to reaching 20 degrees and everybody is hopping on a plane to go on holiday. The lovely Anjna, who I've know from the very start of blogging, messaged me the other day and asked if I wanted to write a collab post about our favourite Summer nail polishes and I thought it would be a lovely way to kick-start a series of summer themed posts! I'll be focusing on polishes I've found work well with fair skin and Anjna's post, which I'll link here when it's been posted, will be discussing polishes that work well on tanned/darker skin.


The first of my favourite Summer polishes is one I honestly think would look incredible on any skintone and it has to be in my top 5 polishes of all time. Essie's Meet Me at Sunset, which I actually included and dedicated the name of my first ever post to (that's here if you'd like to be nosy), is a beautiful and deep vibrant orange polish and adds an amazing pop of colour. It's the polish I reach for to give myself that pre-holiday manicure and it makes me feel a little bit more tanned the second after I apply it. The application, as will all Essie polishes, is wonderful and I usually use 2 coats to achieve an opaque finish.

Orange is a shade I gravitate towards during the warmer months but I find it can be a tricky shade for fair skinned girls to wear. If it's not super bright like the Essie shade I often find orange just looks a little bit peculiar on my fair skin. Barry M's Peach Melba somehow manages to avoid that effect and I love the creamsicle, pink-peach shade of the polish. I'm not the biggest fan of wearing this on my toes but I love it for my fingers. This shade can be a bit fiddly to apply so I like to use 3 thin coats of this and top it off with Sally Hansen's Diamond Flash Top Coat!

Another bright polish I adore I've sadly misplaced so it hasn't been featured in the pictures above, but OPI's  Elephantastic Pink is a gorgeous bright pink/coral shade and if I can't find it soon I'm definitely going to have to repurchase it. Rimmel's Mind the Gap, Victoria must have been a limited edition shade but it's my favourite blue shade to wear in Summer and if you're looking for a dupe I'd say Barry M's Blueberry is a close match! It's part of the 60 Seconds range from Rimmel which I adore and the cornflower blue colour is a nice change from the warmer toned polishes I usually opt for. It's almost a pastel shade but it still manages to be so bright and fun for Summer and not too dark for fair skin.

The final polish is Essie's Take it Outside, a pink-toned taupe colour and a neutral polish I've found myself reaching for as the months get warmer. Although it's not your typical 'Summer' polish it's one I wear a lot since my Summer wardrobe is often full of bright, bold colours and it can be difficult to find a polish that doesn't clash! Light, neutral polishes are something I struggle with as a pale-skinned girl and I think Essie's Take it Outside is a cool alternative to the usual baby pink and nude shades.

If you have darker, or more tanned skin, make sure you check out Anjna's Summer Polish picks on her blog Anjna Harish: Thoughts of a Girl!

Let me know what your favourite nail polishes are in Summer! I'd love an excuse to add to my collection.
And if any of you have Facebook, I created a Facebook Page for my blog on Tuesday! Please pop over and like my page *shameless plug* and leave me any of your links in the comments below!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Beauty and the Brunette. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig. Edited by Beauty and the Brunette.