Tuesday 9 February 2016

Lush | Jason & The Argan Oil Solid Shampoo Bar

Lush Solid Shampoo Bar
Lush's Solid Shampoo Bars are pretty weird aren't they? I've walked past these little shampoo bars for years whenever I've been in a Lush store, always curious but never curious enough to go ahead and purchase one. But when I spotted Jason and the Argan Oil, which is graced with my all-time favourite Lush scent Rose Jam, I couldn't resist any longer. And at £5.75 each, with the promise of up to 80 washes per bar, it's not too pricy either.


Using a solid shampoo bar for the first time definitely felt rather weird but if you've never used one before then the process is pretty simple. You simply wet your hair then rub the bar over it and my scepticism concerning the bar's lathering abilities definitely disappeared quickly - I couldn't believe how well this lathered up! One tip I would give any first time users is not to dip the entire bar in water and only wet one side of the bar if you can: keeping one side dry definitely helps with the storage process. I made a rookie mistake during my first use and popped the soaking wet shampoo bar straight back into the Lush tin, resulting in a very sticky Jason and the Argan Oil being stuck to the bottom of the tin. I actually lost a little bit of the product in the process of trying to lift it back out and had to attempt to mould it back on whilst it was wet... Now I've learnt to simply pop the bar in the lid dry side down and wait for it to dry completely.

Storage issues aside, Jason and the Argan Oil actually did a great job at cleaning my hair. Not only did my hair feel squeaky clean it was also noticeably shinier after one use too. This healthy glow is achieved thanks to the abundance of oils, such as Argan, Lemon, Geranium and Rose Oils, that are packed into this shampoo bar. I even noticed that a lot of my pesky flyaway hairs were tamed and the frizziness of my hair overall was definitely reduced. The only issue I had with Jason and the Argan Oil is that it left my hair feeling quite dry, especially on the coloured parts of my hair, which I find peculiar considering the ingredients it contains. I'm not entirely sure if it has some kind of stripping effect on coloured hair as I've had my balayage for quite a while now and it has naturally faded, but it is something I thought I should highlight. When paired with a rich conditioner this Lush Solid Shampoo Bar leaves my hair glowing, soft and shiny but I definitely couldn't use it without conditioner. As for that delightful Rose Jam scent, it lingers whilst you're in the shower but sadly it doesn't leave your hair smelling like sweet roses for days after. I have to admit I was a little bit disappointed but I can imagine this wouldn't be an issue for a lot of people.

Overall, Lush's Jason and the Argan Oil hasn't been a huge hit for me. It's not a bad product but it hasn't completely changed the way I wash my hair either. I still prefer to reach for a liquid shampoo over this but for travelling the Solid Shampoo Bars are definitely very handy and clean the hair well. I am tempted to pick up another, perhaps Godiva or Honey I Washed My Hair, to see if I can find a more moisturising bar that might be better suited to my hair type so if any of you have any recommendations I would love to hear them!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Beauty and the Brunette. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig. Edited by Beauty and the Brunette.