Wednesday 17 February 2016

My Current Bath Time Pamper Routine

The bathtub is my happy place. No matter how low I'm feeling, there's nothing a bubble bath can't fix. Sunday evenings are usually the nights I dedicate to pampering but if I can I try to slip in an extra little pampering session mid-week! After running a hot bath, lighting a few candles and grabbing a book or magazine, I always rummage around my beauty cabinet and pick out a couple of my favourite beauty products to help me unwind.

The products I take with me into the bath usually change rather frequently but I've gathered a couple of favourites over the Christmas period and I've been sticking to the same routine for the past few weeks now. With the exception of the Lush Bath Bomb, which changes with every bath of course (I have a ridiculously huge pile from the Boxing Day sales to get through!), I've been really enjoying using the same combination of products to wash, scrub and moisturise all my worries away!


Valentine's Day happened to fall on a Sunday this year, so I picked the rather appropriate Tisty Tosty to pop into my bath last week. It's no Experimenter on the exciting scale that's for sure, but it had a beautiful floral scent that lingered around the bathroom all night and the rose petals floating around the bath made it that little bit more special. Tisty Tosty, like the majority of Lush's bath bombs, left my skin feeling really soft and moisturised and even though this wasn't my absolute favourite bath bomb ever it was definitely a very relaxing one. After hopping into the bath and relaxing for a little while I like to take Soap & Glory's Smoothie Star Breakfast Scrub to exfoliate my body with. I adore all of Soap & Glory's scrubs but for this time of year I'm really drawn to the scent of Smoothie Star (the body lotion is amazing too!) The scrub isn't too abrasive but the mixture of sugar, oatmeal and organic cupuacu bio scrubs ensure that all of my pesky flaky skin is scrubbed away. It also smells good enough to eat and the combination of banana, almond and honey is really delicious!

For body wash I've been addicted to Lush's Rose Jam shower gel, especially when used in combination with Ro's Argan Body Conditioner which I use on my legs after shaving. Ro's Argan Body Conditioner is the step in my routine that makes me feel well and truly pampered and it leaves my legs feeling so ridiculously soft, I'm not sure how it does such an amazing job... I think it might be magic! I tend to use this sparingly as I only have a tiny tub and it's quite expensive so after I've stepped out of the bath I apply my Victoria's Secret Body Lotion in my favourite scent Pure Seduction onto the rest of my body and spritz myself with the matching body mist. My evening skincare routine usually follows (which should be coming up in another post rather soon!) and then all that's left to do is blow out the candles, hop into my pajamas and snuggle up in my dressing gown. I usually make myself a mug of hot chocolate and grab a snack and then I spend the rest of the night with Netflix until I'm ready to catch some zzz's.

I'd love to know what products you all love to use to pamper yourself with! Make sure you leave some of your favourites in the comments below and also let me know what you're currently watching on Netflix right now - I desperately need a new TV show to watch!

SHARE:

1 comment

  1. For me it's a bit off...I always get surprised when people say they like the bath tab. I really easily get irritated if I stay in water for a long time.
    https://www.melodyjacob.com/2020/05/femmeluxefinery-red-belted-bodycon-midi.html

    ReplyDelete

© Beauty and the Brunette. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig. Edited by Beauty and the Brunette.