Thursday 30 July 2015

An Evening with Cutler and Gross

At the very beginning of July I headed back down to Leeds to attend the opening of the new Cutler and Gross store in Victoria Quarter. I always have to pinch myself whenever I'm invited to anything through my blog and I'm still not over how lovely and luxurious the evening was! Cutler and Gross create some of the coolest sunglasses I've ever had the pleasure to try on and I think I finally understand the designer sunglasses hype. The quality is just so obvious when you hold a pair and their aviator style frames even put Ray-Ban to shame! I now have a serious desire to get my hands on a pair, or two, or three... need I go on? I'm currently lusting over these frames, I couldn't put them down at the launch!

The wonderful girls at Beyond Bespoke arranged such a fantastic evening and they were kind enough to let me invite a guest! I brought my boyfriend Dan along and we decided to set off early so we could make a little day trip out of the event. I didn't realise how much I would actually miss Leeds but knowing I was only going to visit once more for graduation really made me appreciate how amazing the city actually is! At 4pm we headed off to the Malmaison hotel for a special Afternoon Tea (my very first and definitely not my last) and we were lucky enough to be joined by Mr Cutler himself and the incredibly talented Marie Wilkinson who is the designer director at Cutler and Gross. 
And here's a snap of the delicious afternoon tea! I have to admit I was a little bit too shy to go full out blogger on everybody and rearrange the entire table to get that perfect food snap but it was absolutely delightful even if my photograph doesn't show the selection in its best light. There's just something about perfectly cut sandwiches and miniature desserts that I'll always be the biggest fan of!

After we'd managed to eat as much as we possibly could we all headed over to the new store and everything from the location, interior and overall layout was perfect. Victoria Quarter is possibly one of the most beautiful shopping locations I've visited so if you haven't been you really must take a look, especially at Christmas! We were greeted with champagne and these amazing canapes (yes, more food...) which I had to photograph before anybody managed to get their hands on one. The rest of the evening involved lots of eating, lusting over a gorgeous sofa, silly posing and mingling with some lovely people! 
Dan was a big fan of the hexagonal shaped frames! 
   
And he looked a lot cooler than me in my awkward selfies...

A super big thank you to Cutler and Gross and Beyond Bespoke for inviting me to such a special events and for filling my belly with some of the yummiest food I've eaten in a long time!

What do you all think of Cutler and Gross's sunglasses?
Do you like to splurge or save when it comes to eyewear?
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Beauty and the Brunette. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig. Edited by Beauty and the Brunette.