Thursday 7 August 2014

July Favourites 2014



Somehow it's already August, and it really is true that time seems to pass by quicker as you get older! July was a wonderful month, full of travelling, sunbathing and spending time with my favourite people and I'm quite sad to see it end. Hopefully August will be just as exciting and I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the sun to keep shining - I'm not quite ready to say goodbye to my summer wardrobe just yet! 

Beauty Favourites

The Body Shop -  Coconut body butter:  For as long as I can remember, the body butters from The Body Shop have always had a place in my bathroom cabinet. My mum has used them for years and the coconut scent was actually the first body butter I ever used! They have a creamy and rich texture and sink into the skin fairly quickly, keeping my skin nourished and soft all day long. They're a beauty favourite of mine all year round but the coconut body butter has stolen my heart this month!  The smell is incredible and it's an instant cure for post-holiday blues. One sniff of coconut and I'm whisked away to a beautiful tropical island! 

theBalm - Nude 'Tude Palette: I'm actually quite surprised by this one, have I finally met a neutral palette that rivals my beloved Naked 2? The texture, pigmentation and color selection in this palette is wonderful and the packaging is so cute! I'll be writing an entire post on this soon.


Victoria's Secret - Pure Seduction Bloom fragrance mist (limited edition): Ah Victoria's Secret, ever since you landed in Leeds my bank balance has suffered immensely (but my underwear draw looks fabulous!) Fragrance mists are perfect for summer, they're light and refreshing and I've been loving Pure Seduction Bloom this month. It has notes of red currant and violet blossom and it's the perfect mix of fruity and floral.

Essie - Meet Me at Sunset: My favourite way to wear my favourite colour of the month!

Garnier - BB Skin Perfector in Light: As temperatures started to rise this month, I needed something lighter for my face. After trying out a sample of this at the end of June, I fell in love and purchased the full size in Boots. The coverage is quite light but easy to build up, although if I have a bad skin day I have to add a touch of bareMinerals to completely cover my imperfections. This BB cream is weightless and it's also oil free so my skin only needed one touch up with matte powder throughout the day! It looks natural, adds a subtle glow and even has SPF 20! 


Non-Beauty Favourites

Staring at Stars - Camisole in Boho Floral Print: I picked up this top in Urban Outfitters and I'm completely in love with the print. It's something that I think will always be in style and it looks effortlessly cool, especially when paired with beachy hair, white shorts and gladiator sandals! The material is light and it has quite a loose fit, yet it's slightly cropped so it doesn't swamp your body. Urban Outfitters also make a matching skirt in this print too! 

Clarks - Oditi Lucky Sandals: Clarks have always made the comfiest shoes and I've literally worn these sandals every day this month! I love the gladiator style and they look great with every outfit. They're currently in the sale (sold out online but you might be able to find them in store) and they come in pink too!

Jack Kerouac On the Road: This book is actually one of my all time favorites but I've been rereading it for my dissertation and I think I might love it even more after a second read! It's based on the life of Kerouac and his friends as they travel across America between 1947-1950, however it's the style of writing that makes this book so incredible. It mimics the world of the Beat generation perfectly and you really have to read it to understand how wonderful this book is! I've actually never watched the film version of On the Road, I don't think a film could ever capture the beauty of Kerouac's writing, but it's definitely on my list of films to watch in August.

Lana Del Rey - Brooklyn Baby

Let me know what your July favourites are in the comments below!

SHARE:

10 comments

  1. Nice blog :) I want to ask you if you wanna follow each other? I would be glad! Have a nice day.

    Fashion gets Fierce.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And of course I'd love to, you have a lovely blog! :) I've followed you on bloglovin! xx

      Delete
  2. Gasp those shoes from Clarks look really nice - I might go and see if they have some in the store :) I have no Victoria's secret near me! It sucks so bad. I love how you included non-beauty favourites too :)
    anjnaharish-thoughtsofagirl.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clarks seem to always have one or two pairs of amazing shoes every season! My parents used to bribe me into buying them from there so now it's became a habit of mine! And my feet thank me for it! :) and Victoria's Secret is so expensive here in the UK, it's dangerous having a store so close to my Uni! (goodbye student loan!) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to get the Nude Tude Palette but just cant justify buying ANOTHER neutral palette! at the moment anyway ;)
    I posted my July Favourites over on my blog if you want to check it out
    http://loveonceuponadream.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually hit pan on my Naked 2 so I convinced myself that it was a justified purchase! :) I'm actually writing my post about it now. And I'll go over and take a look, thank you for reading mine :) xx

      Delete
  5. I love this post <3 I am obsessed with the camisole and definitely want to try the Nudetude palette now.
    Thanks for the follow, returning the favour now :)

    Elisha x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Elisha! And it's such a great palette! My full review of it should be up soon!
      :) xxx

      Delete
  6. Love your blog design! i def need to try out the garnier bb cream. I have an obsession with bb creams.

    Lets keep in touch and follow each other on bloglovin! I always follow back!

    Love from Canada,
    Marie from www.ElleCharie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marie! The Garnier BB cream is a pretty good one and for once it's not too dark for my skin, woo! And I love BB creams too, they leave such a nice, natural finish. Sometimes foundation is just too thick! And thank you, I'm still trying to make my design a little more interesting but it's getting there!

      I've followed you, you have a lovely blog! I'm so glad you commented :)
      Becki xxx

      Delete

© Beauty and the Brunette. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig. Edited by Beauty and the Brunette.