Thursday 7 August 2014

The Liebster Award



The lovely Anjna from Anjna Harish: Thoughts of a Girl has kindly nominated me for the Liebster Award. For those who don't know, the Liebster Award welcomes new bloggers (those with 200 followers or less) into the blogging community and I think it's such a wonderful idea to help bloggers interact with each other! I'm honoured to be nominated at such an early stage in my blog, so thank you Anjna! 





The Rules

After googling the award, I've noticed a couple of variations in the rules! Some bloggers write 11 facts about themselves as well as answering 11 questions, but the version I've received from Anjna doesn't include that rule. So, if you'd like to know a little more about me, you can ask below in the comments or check out my recently updated ABOUT page at the top of my blog :) 

1. Thank the blogger who nominated you 
2. Answer the questions provided by the person who nominated you
3. Nominate other bloggers with under 200 followers to receive the award
4. Ask 11 questions for your nominees to answer

Anjna's Questions

1. What is your favourite perfume?
Definitely Miss Dior, it smells so beautiful. I've actually managed to go through an entire 150ml of the Eau de Parfum and I'm about to move onto my third bottle!

2. What inspires you to write your blog?
I find inspiration in so many different things: the people I love, the blogs I follow, the books and the magazines I read, my Pinterest account and simply just from living and witnessing the things around me. The world is a beautiful place!

3. If you could have any job what would it be?
Well,  the big dream is to have my own magazine one day! Although I'd love to write my own beauty section in magazine as well.

4. What is your favourite food?
Why would somebody ask me to make a choice between all of the delicious food that exists in the world? I simply can't pick one, but I love peaches, strawberries, apples (all fruit to be honest!), salmon, sweet potato fries, chicken teriyakitamago nigri  and macarons .... Okay, now I'm really hungry.

5. Who is your favourite Blogger/Youtuber?
My favourite blogger has to be What Olivia Did and it's a tie between Essie Button and Miss Glamorazzi for my favourite Youtuber!

6) Best tip or trick?
One of the best tricks I've learnt since learning about beauty is how to tight line whilst curling your lashes! I've always struggled with tight lining, it tickles and makes my eyes water, so when I watched this video by gossmakeupartist my jaw dropped a little. That man is a genius. It's such an easy and effective trick too!

7) Tea or Coffee?
Tea, definitely! But I only drink iced or fruit tea, or the occasional green tea if I'm feeling healthy. 

8) Who is your role model?
My Dad!

9) What is the product you have repurchased the most?
Either the Collection Lasting Perfection concealer or bareMinerals original foundation (I use the shade fairly light). 

10) If you could have straight or curly hair for the rest of your life which would it be?
This one was difficult but I'll have to go for curly hair! My hair is fairly straight and I'm always curling it, although I'm not sure how I'd cope with trying to tame it!

11) What can't you live without?
Beauty related, I'd have to say my Tweezerman tweezers! My eyebrows grow pretty quickly, and they grow wherever they want to as well, so having neat(ish) eyebrows is essential for me! 


My Nominations




My Questions
1. Which product in your make-up collection has achieved holy grail status?
2. Fashion or Beauty?
3.  What high street shop is your favourite?
4. What is one trend you will never understand?
5. What are your goals for the remainder of 2014?
6. Fruity or floral scents?
7. What is your favourite movie?
8. Facebook or Twitter?
9. What is your favourite thing about being a blogger?
10. Who is your ultimate style icon?
11. Where in the world do you really want to visit? 

SHARE:

7 comments

  1. 1. Which product in your make-up collection has achieved holy grail status?
    My Stay Matte Translucent Powder by Rimmel
    2. Fashion or Beauty?
    Fashion
    3. What high street shop is your favourite?
    Oasis cause I work there :P
    4. What is one trend you will never understand?
    Crocs, why?
    5. What are your goals for the remainder of 2014?
    I want to plan my internship for my next summer. Also to get more into my fashion blog.
    6. Fruity or floral scents?
    Floral
    7. What is your favourite movie?
    Legally Blonde :P
    8. Facebook or Twitter?
    Facebook. In all honesty I have never got into Twitter much. I’m much more in to Facebook and Instagram. More visual
    9. What is your favourite thing about being a blogger?
    It gives me a great excuse to buy loads of clothes and not feel quilty…
    10. Who is your ultimate style icon?
    Olivia Palermo
    11. Where in the world do you really want to visit?
    New York. I’ve never been there but I’m going in November woooo!

    http://asseenonsophie.blogspot.co.uk

    As Seen On Sophie

    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for answering my questions! I love Stay matte too and I agree with you, Olivia Palermo has the most amazing style! :) xxx

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you for reading it :) I've just had a look at your blog and your photography is amazing! I love it! And you're from Durham, I live about half an hour away from there, it's such a pretty place!
      xx

      Delete
  3. Thanks for doing this! :) and omg I watched that video about tightlining too! I love Wayne Goss for just simple tips and tricks :) and I totally share the same Youtuber love that you have :) you have an awesome blog :) x
    anjnaharish-thoughtsofagirl.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for nominating me, I had a great time creating the post! And he has the best makeup tips, I'm a huge fan of his :) and how can anyone not love Estée and Ingrid! They're so lovely! Xx

      Delete
  4. It's such a great idea isn't it! Its introduced me to so many lovely people and thank you! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete

© Beauty and the Brunette. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig. Edited by Beauty and the Brunette.