Thursday 14 August 2014

Review | Charles Worthington Moisture Seal Hair Healer Leave-In Conditioner





Charles Worthington Moisture Seal Hair Healer Leave-In Conditioner - £5.99 

Haircare isn't something I tend to spend my money on often, for some reason it's an area of beauty I simply tend to ignore. Like every other girl I've invested in a good shampoo, conditioner and heat protectant but apart from that my hair remains product free, with the odd exception of hairspray if I'm using curlers or dry shampoo if I'm being a little bit lazy (which is a lot of the time)! Lately, I've noticed that my hair was looking rather dull and dry and I began to hate wearing my hair straight because it looked so damaged and limp. A few weeks ago I decided I actually needed a new product, something that would help hide my pesky split ends and give me soft, glossy locks. Luckily, I didn't have to tackle the labyrinth of haircare in Boots as I'd I managed to stumble across a free sample of Charles Worthington's Leave-In Conditioner and I thought I'd give it a try. I actually ended up loving it so much that I had to buy the full sized product when my sample had run out.



The product is part of the Salon at Home Moisture Seal range which is paraben free and, as described by the Charles Worthington website, the products are 'enriched with nourishing Argan Oil and fragranced with lime, mandarin and white florals'. The product doesn't smell amazing but it has quite a pleasant scent and the consistency is somewhere in-between a cream and a gel. It definitely provides deep nourishment and it leaves my hair looking and feeling silky. To style my hair with the product, I squeeze out a small amount and use my fingers to run the product through my clean, towel-dried hair. I focus mainly on the ends and add a little to the mid-lengths of my hair. Even though this product is lightweight (and invisible, hurray!), I recommend avoiding the roots and using the product sparingly the first time as too much can leave your hair looking a little bit flat! For the best results, I blow dry my hair straight and use my straighteners for the finishing touches. If I leave my hair straight, the results last until my next wash but if I'm planning on applying more heat to my hair I like to add a tiny amount to my ends before restyling.

The full sized product contains 200ml and they also make a handy travel size (25ml for £1.99). For the quality and the size of the product, I think it's a steal at £5.99 and Boots currently have a 3 for £12 offer on certain Charles Worthington products!

After dipping my toe into haircare and seeing what a transformation one product can make I'm eager to test more haircare products, especially from the Salon at Home range. If you've tried any from the range, let me know your thoughts in the comments below!

What are your favourite, go-to haircare products? 

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Oooh this sounds nice :) I had the whole limp dry thing going on too so I had a haircut and voila! :P Nah, I've noticed that if I take good care of my hair it stays nicer for longer and I won't get any spilt ends :) I love using Argan Oil :)
    anjnaharish-thoughtsofagirl.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. A haircut would definitely help my hair but I'm trying so hard to grow it I'm just not ready to part with my split ends yet haha! Argan Oil is amazing, I'm tempted to buy some more products with it in! xxx

    ReplyDelete

© Beauty and the Brunette. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig. Edited by Beauty and the Brunette.