Tuesday 26 August 2014

The Liebster Award #2

After a lovely week of celebrating my boyfriend's birthday and attending Leeds Festival I'm back from my little break from blogging. When I logged back onto Blogger I was so surprised to find out that I'd been nominated for 4 Liebster Awards by some amazing ladies who all have wonderful blogs!
 Thank you so much Abigail, The Cherry Boudoir, Lany and Tessa for nominating me! 

If you're unfamiliar with the Liebster Award you can read the rules on my first Liebster Award post which you can find here!
(Warning: This is a suuuuuper long post!)


Abigail's Questions
1. Blogger or Wordpress? Blogger! 
2. Secret talent? Um... I can touch my nose with my tongue? That's not a very useful talent though!
3. Concealer or foundation first? Concealer if I'm using bareMinerals, if not I use foundation first.
4. Favourite nail polish shade and brand? Essie Meet Me at Sunset or OPI Steady as She Rose
5. Who's hair are you envious of? Nina Dobrev and Olivia Palermo
6. If you won the lottery, what would you do with your winnings? I'd definitely go travelling around the world!
7. Summer perfume? I always find myself reaching for Marc Jacob's Daisy in the summer.
8. Dream travel destination? The Maldives or Bali!
9. If you could only shop at one place for clothes for the rest of your life, where would it be? Probably Zara, although I really love Mango at the moment.
10. Dream car? I really don't know anything about cars! The Fiat 500 characters on Cars 2 are adorable though!
11. What is your secret obsession? It's not really secret but I'm obsessed with organising my lipstick collection!

The Cherry Boudoir's Questions
1.Why did you start your blog? In 2009 I discovered Youtube and it's from there that my love for beauty started. I can't believe how much the beauty world has changed since then! I always wanted to contribute but I was too shy to make my own beauty channel. I discovered the blogging world about 2 years ago and this summer I finally decided to get involved in something I spend so much of my time reading about! 
2. What's your favourite blog/Youtube channel and why? I love Essie Button, Miss Glamorazzi and What Olivia Did!
3. What is the best beauty tip someone ever gave you? Gossmakeupartist created a video on how to tight line your eyelashes using an eyelash curler and it's an amazing trick!
4. What is your favourite beauty product? Generally, either bronzer or liquid eyeliner!
5. With one single word, how would you describe yourself and why? I can never answer this question! :( I don't know.... indecisive? haha! 
6. How do you find inspiration? I answered this in my first Liebster Award post! Here is my answer: 'I find inspiration in so many different things: the people I love, the blogs I follow, the books and the magazines I read, my Pinterest account and simply just from living and witnessing the things around me. The world is a beautiful place!'
7. How do you see your blog in 5 years? I've never really thought about the future of my blog, I'm so focused on what posts I want to create for the next week! I'd love the blogging community to still be as active as it is currently and I suppose I'd love my blog to have a more professional feel to it, with better photographs and a more interesting layout (I think I might move to Wordpress!)
8. What is your advice for other bloggers? Don't focus on numbers and be yourself! 
9. Who is your beauty icon? In the vlogging/blogging world I love Ingrid from Missglamorazzi! Celebrity wise I love Audrey Hepburn and her classic beauty. 
10. What is your favourite season and why? Definitely Autumn because I love the hues of orange and red and the cosy knitwear. Winter is much too cold, brr!
11. What's your favourite brand ever? I don't have loads of products from one particular brand but if I had to pick I'd say bareMinerals as I always have the foundation in my make-up bag and I love all of the products I've used so far!

Lany's Questions
1. Who is your favourite bloggers/vloggers? See Q2 of The Cherry Boudoir's questions! 
2. What is your current favourite read? I'm really enjoying reading Naked Lunch by William Burroughs!
3. Do you love matte or dewy finishes? Dewy, I think it looks much more natural and healthy.
4. Favourite lazy day outfit? PJ bottoms, cosy socks and a big t-shirt!
5. Your idea of a perfect day would be? Any day as long as it includes plenty of cuddles!
6.  If your life had a soundtrack, what would it be like? Name certain artists/ bands that would be perfect for it.  Wow, this is a hard question! It'll definitely start with Britney Spears as I was in love with her as a child, then for my teenage years there's a lot of Paramore, Arctic Monkeys and Panic! At the Disco and now I suppose it'll include Lana Del Rey and Alt-J.
7. Why did you start blogging? See Q1 of The Cherry Boudoir's questions! 
8. Current favourite album? Lana Del Rey - Ultraviolence
9. Tip or tricks for the perfect hair styles for summer? If yore not lucky enough to live near the beach, I love using salt spray to create perfect beachy waves! 
10. Favourite lip product? Mac's On Hold lipstick.
11. Your skin care routine includes.... In the morning, I wash my face with Purity by Philosophy, and apply my Vitamin E moisturiser by The Body Shop then at night I remove my make-up with Simple make-up wipes and rinse my face with warm water.  

Tessa's Questions
1. Can you play an instrument? I can’t, not very well anyway! I’d love to be able to play the guitar properly though.
2. Where do you prefer buying your make-up? If I can be patient I use online stores for high-end products as it’s generally cheaper but I always test out a product in store first! 
3. What do you prefer about blogging: writing or taking photos? This one is so tricky but I'll have to say taking photos, even though it is a challenge with my 5mp phone camera. 
4. If you had unlimited money, is there a brand where you would buy every single item of? It's a tie between bareMinerals and Bobbi Brown! 
5. Best movie and why? I couldn't possibly pick only one movie, but right now I'm loving American Beauty and Shutter Island!
6. Best Mascara? Bobbi Brown's Lash Glamour Extreme Lengthening Mascara is my current favourite.
7. Are you a pro at eyeliner or do you give up half way through and just go out as a panda instead? I'm not a pro but I'm quite good at making both eyes look fairly similar now! I love using eyeliner so I've had plenty of practice.
8. Favourite Smell? I love anything that smells of coconut or mango!
9. Would you rather never wear foundation again or never wear eye make-up? Foundation!
10. Favourite Book? On the Road by Jack Kerouac or One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest by Ken Kesey
11. How old were you when you stated using make-up? I remember using way too much eyeliner when I was 13 and I had a couple of lip glosses and some foundation then as well. I did't start using it properly until I was about 15/16 though!



I Nominate:

My Questions:
1. Do you have a favourite beauty/fashion magazine?
2. How long have you been blogging for?
3. What's your favourite foundation?
4. Is there one type of product you can't stop yourself from buying?
5. What's your current favourite item of clothing?
6. Bold or Nude lips?
7. What's your favourite TV Show right now?
8. Why did you start blogging?
9. What was the first make-up product you used?
10. Who is your celebrity style icon?
11. What's your favourite restaurant?



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Beauty and the Brunette. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig. Edited by Beauty and the Brunette.